Lemon chicken with veggies does for a perfect naturally sweet meal prep. It’s nutritious, filling, and full of flavors. The chicken meal prep is high in protein and gluten-free.
We all could do with eating more veggies, me included. After all, they’re so good for us… And our mommas always told us to them.
For the most part, veggies are low in calories. So, they’re perfect if you’re trying to lose weight.
They’re also rich in many nutrients such as Vitamins A and C, potassium, fiber, and folate.
Fiber is essential. Not only does it help with your digestion, but it also helps you feel full too.
Lemon Chicken with Veggies Meal Prep
It’s packed with roasted veggies such as sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Roasting your veggies adds caramelization to your veggies, so they’re naturally sweet…no sugar needed.
Besides being packed with veggies, this high protein meal prep is also packed with chicken breast.
And because it’s marinated first in a lemon mixture, it’s extra flavorful. It’s tangy and savory and sure to delight your taste buds… You’ll definitely want to have this meal again and again.
And when you can have food that’s not only good for you but tastes great as well, that’s a win-win situation.
What to Serve with Lemon Chicken
You’ll be serving this lemon chicken with a medley of vegetables: sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes.
Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrition. For instance, one baked sweet potato provides a whopping 438% of your vitamin A needs.
It also provides almost 40% of your vitamin C needs. So, it’s rich in vitamins A and C, which help boost your immunity.
It is also a good source of fiber and potassium, as well as an excellent source of manganese.
Manganese helps build up your bones…who would have thought a sweet potato could build up your bones?
Broccoli is a heavy hitter too. Just half a cup of cooked broccoli provides 138% of your vitamin K needs.
It is also rich in vitamins A, C, and folate. It’s also good for your digestion since it contains fiber.
And let’s not forget about the cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, as well as good sources of potassium and vitamin K.
Besides being packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, this meal prep is packed with protein too, mostly from the chicken breast.
In fact, one serving provides 40 grams of protein. Now, that’s a whole lotta protein!
So, it makes for a great post-workout meal. It’s also great for growing kids.
It also contains only 500 calories. So, it’s a great meal prep dish if you’re trying to lose weight.
And unlike your typical diet food, you won’t feel hungry after eating this meal. That’s because it’s packed with fat, fiber, and protein, which are nutrients that help keep you full.
How to Keep Chicken Fresh for Longer?
The chicken should be good for up to 3 days in the fridge. To keep it fresh for longer, make sure to store it in an airtight container.
I recommend these glass food storage containers here because they don’t contain chemicals and are sustainable. They’re also leak-proof.
If you prefer lighter containers, these BPA-free plastic containers are a good option.
How to Make Lemon Chicken with Veggies Meal Prep
Start off by chopping your onion coarsely… No need to dice them as you’re going to put them in a blender.
Next, peel your garlic cloves and add your onion, garlic cloves, chicken stock, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth. This blender should do the trick.
Then, cut your chicken into 1-inch chunks, place them in a large bowl or Ziploc bag, and add your marinade. Here are some good quality, yet affordable marinating bags.
Place your chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours. If you can leave it in overnight, that’s even better.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, mix some olive oil, paprika, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Peel and dice your sweet potatoes and add them to your olive oil mixture, coating well.
Bake them in the oven for 35 minutes. Add your broccoli 10 minutes in, drizzling with olive oil and black pepper, and let bake for another 25 minutes.
While your veggies are baking, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
Once the oil is hot, add your chicken along with the marinade and cook for 13 to 15 minutes, stirring the entire time until the chicken becomes golden brown.
Finally, chop your cherry tomatoes and dill, and top your cherry tomatoes with the dill.
Portion your lemon chicken and veggies into 3 separate containers. Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- One-Pan Chicken Legs with Chickpeas and Quinoa
- Baked Herb Chicken Breasts with Couscous Meal Prep
- Chicken with Broccoli, Beets and Farro Salad (Meal Prep)
- Mexican Meal Prep Bowls with Cauliflower Rice (Low Carb)
- 25 High Protein Lunch Ideas
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Meal Prep
Watch Full Instructions
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- Dill (chopped)
- Chop the onion in chunky pieces, peel garlic cloves. Add them to a blender, pour in chicken stock, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and add in salt with pepper. Blend until one smooth texture.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks and combine them with the marinade in a large bowl or Ziploc bag. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil with paprika, salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and garlic powder. Peel sweet potatoes, dice them into ½ inch cubes, and coat them with the mixture we‘ve just made.
- Bake them in the oven for 35 minutes. Add in broccoli with 25 minutes to go (10 minutes later). Drizzle broccoli with 1 tbsp of olive oil and add a pinch of black pepper. Let the vegetable bake for another 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add in the chicken with marinade. Cook for 13-15 minutes and make sure to stir it the whole time until the chicken is golden brown.
- Chop cherry tomatoes as well as dill. Cover the tomatoes in dill.
- Divide lemon chicken and vegetables into 3 food containers equally. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 meal prep bowls Serving Size: 1 meal prep bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16.8gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 952mgCarbohydrates: 35gNet Carbohydrates: 27.7gFiber: 7.3gSugar: 11gProtein: 40g
Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.