These frozen banana snacks are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and low-calorie. The perfect snacks for summertime that are healthy, nutty, and coconutty.
The perfect summertime treat! These yummy banana snacks will fill you up and satisfy your sweet tooth. And are a much healthier ice cream substitute!
Topped with a drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate, these taste just like candy. Minus all the sugar.
So convenient to make, these frozen banana bars will become your go-to guilt-free dessert. They are loaded with sweet, fruity, and nutty flavors. So they definitely satisfied!
And besides, they’re the perfect option for an after-school snack. A healthy candy alternative that your kids will actually enjoy.
Table of Contents
Ingredients and Substitutes
Bananas (3) – Use ripe bananas that are firm. Overripe bananas will not only be too sweet, but your bars can get mushy, too.
Crunchy peanut butter (4 tbsp) – Crunchy peanut butter gives a nice texture. You can also use creamy peanut butter or even another nut butter. Almond and cashew butter will work, too.
Dark chocolate (3 squares) – To make them vegan, use dark chocolate only. If you use milk chocolate, make sure it is semi-sweet.
Coconut oil (3/4 tsp) – You need coconut oil so the chocolate can melt well. Butter can be used, too.
Shredded coconut (2 tbsp) – If you don’t have any, you can omit or use chopped nuts instead.
How to Make Frozen Banana Snacks?
Step 1. Grab three bananas and peel them. Slice them in half, and then slice each of the halves lengthwise. You should have a total of 12 banana quarters.
Step 2. Line a baking tray with some baking paper. You can also use a larger plate for this.
Step 3. Arrange the banana quarters on the lined tray.
Step 4. Top each of the slices with a teaspoon of the peanut butter. Make sure to spread it well so that it covers most of the surface.
Step 5. Break the chocolate in a glass bowl. Add the coconut oil to the bowl as well.
Step 6. Pop it into the microwave for a few seconds until it’s melted. Then, give the chocolate mixture a good stir until it is completely melted and incorporated.
Step 7. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the peanut butter.
Step 8. Finally, sprinkle the shredded coconut over. Pop into the freezer for 1-2 hours until frozen.
Let your banana snacks warm up for a couple of minutes before eating – you’ll get to experience more flavor.
How to Store Banana Snacks?
Obviously, these frozen banana snacks should be stored in the freezer.
After they are set, transfer them to a container immediately. Don’t let the chocolate defrost to prevent the bars from sticking together.
It is best to use glass containers, but any air-tight container should work.
Stored properly, they will keep well for up to a month.
Watch: How to Make It
Frozen Banana Snacks
- 3 bananas
- 3 dark chocolate squares 1 oz
- ¾ tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Prepare a little tray or a plate and cover with baking paper.
- Peel each banana, cut it in half, and then cut each half lengthwise, creating 4 pieces out of each banana.
- In a small bowl, break in chocolate squares and add in the coconut oil. Microwave for a few seconds to let it melt, and give it a mix until completely melted.
- Spread peanut butter over each banana slice. It will be around 1 tsp of peanut butter per slice.
- Pour over the melted chocolate over each slice.
- Sprinkle each slice with ½ tsp of shredded coconut.
- Pop each slice onto the tray and put it into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- After the pieces are frozen, pop them into the food containers and keep them in the freezer.
- Let these defrost for a couple of minutes before serving.